“More than a Game, an Education for Life”
The Oklahoma Stock Market Game (SMG) is a simulation of a real market, designed to involve students in the world of finance and investing as a means of helping them learn about how a market economy works. Student teams of 3 to 5 students are ‘given’ $100,000 to invest in the real-time market and compete based upon their portfolio performance over a ten-week period.
The program is available to all Oklahoma public and private students in grades 4 through 12. The program is adaptable for many different classes, including social studies, mathematics, economics, business, technology, gifted, English, and club activities. Students learn to develop team strategies, make decisions, and become informed about investment and economic terms. They also learn to see the connection between world events and their investments.
2020 – 2021 Dates
Fall Semester: September 21, 2020 – November 27, 2020
Spring Semester: February 1, 2021 – April 9, 2021
Thank You to Our Sponsors:
Click Here to Register for SMG
- Teacher Resources
- Teachers receive Oklahoma SMG resources once their registration has been completed (must register each semester).
- Teachers receive weekly SMG resources from the SIFMA Foundation during the game.
- Teacher resources are available within the SMG site under the Teacher Support Center.
- FREE for Oklahoma public and private school teachers and students thanks to our generous sponsors. Other adults are welcome to participate, but we ask them to make a $25 donation to cover the cost of the program. Please click here to donate.
- SMG fits into many types of classrooms. Click here to see how SMG fits into your classroom.
- SMG has partner programs.
- InvestWrite (IW) is an innovative national writing competition that adds a critical thinking component to help reinforce concepts learned in the classroom during SMG. Click here for more information about InvestWrite.
- Invest It Forward (IIF) is a complementary program to SMG which connects classroom teachers to a financial industry professional in their area. Click here for more information about Invest It Forward.
- Capitol Hill Challenge (CHC) is a special edition of SMG that matches public school teams with their local member of Congress. Click here for more information about the Capitol Hill Challenge.
Still have questions? Maybe these can help!
Check out last year’s winners below!
Fall 2019 Game Winners
Spring 2020 Game Winners
For any further questions or information: